ARTISTS and non-artists alike took part in a recycled art competition on May 17, the first Ronda Limpia day.
The competition was part of the historic town’s events to mark International Recycling Day. Ronda Limpia aimed to encourage good environmental habits and promote the famous 3 R’s: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
The exhibition, which was held in the chapel of the beautifully restored chapel of the Santo Domingo convent, had three categories – Recycled Art and Sculptures, Drawings Mi Ronda Mas Limpia, and Utility Pieces created by recycled materials.
On the day itself more than 1000 people viewed the exhibition, including Ronda mayor Mari Paz Fernandez, who spoke on the importance of recycling for the down.
In addition there was a performance by musical group Vibra-To, who use recycled items as instruments, a forum with Ronda’s environment minister Federico Guerrero on recycling issues, as well as a recycling workshop, a magic show by Ludus, hip hop performance by the group The Dreamer and even a dog show.
Mayor Fernandez then award the prizes with the Amigos de la Talla group wining best sculpture, and they also won best utility piece. Best drawing went to the Instituto Gonzalo Huesa.
- OSP is not just a political party, writes Giles Brown, who has slowly watched the decline of San Pedro - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 12:00
- Giles Brown thought he had left his brushes with the law back in the 1980s - 10 Mar, 2019 @ 10:31
- An idyllic cottage by the lake in Andalucia gave Giles Brown a bit more than he bargained for - 23 Feb, 2019 @ 09:30
- Loud and Clear: The Costa del Sol Boar Wars have begun says Giles Brown - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- PROTEST WITH NO BULL: Why new year is the perfect time to campaign for change on the Costa del Sol - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- Giles Brown is stuck in ‘festive no man’s land’ - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 09:00
- What NOT to do at your office Christmas party in Spain - 21 Dec, 2018 @ 12:00
- Guests got more than they bargained for at Gibraltar’s Fawlty Towers dinner - 24 Nov, 2018 @ 19:00
- EXCLUSIVE : the Olive Press has Breakfast with Berkoff - 10 Nov, 2018 @ 11:01
- When it rains… - 28 Oct, 2018 @ 12:24