USING only a placard to hide her modesty, the girlfriend of Real Madrid footballer Cristiano Ronaldo caused a social media uproar.
Russian model Irina Shayk, 28, uploaded the pouting photo of herself on Facebook and Instagram, following the abduction of 276 schoolgirls in Nigeria last month.
Posing with a placard showing the campaign slogan #BringBackOurGirls, the insensitive photo has landed Shayk in hot water.
Hundreds accused her of exploiting the suffering of the girls and their families.
Facebook user Jeremy Gregory said: “Using a cause as horrible as the kidnapping and making it about you is messed up.”
Another Instagram user wrote: “Think before you act.”
However, in response to the outraged comments, Shayk replied: “A tiger doesn’t lose sleep over the opinion of a sheep.”
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05