THE body of British millionaire Andrew Bush will not be allowed to be taken home to England, a Spanish judge has ruled.
Instead, his body may have to remain in Spain for as long as five years for further examinations, to the distress of his grieving family.
Bush’s younger sister Rachel Bush is leading the campaign to get his body released.
His alleged killer Mayka Kukucova, 24, was charged with murder at Estepona court this week, after being extradited from her native Slovakia.
Bush, a jeweller from Bristol, was shot dead at his rented villa in Cancelada in April, upon returning from a holiday with his new girlfriend.
Kukucova had apparently been lying in wait at the villa for two days, hoping to confront him over her alleged ‘pregnancy’.
Bush’s new girlfriend Maria Korotaeva, a student at the University of West England, was told to wait at the door by the part-time model when she opened the door to them.
She then fled the scene and called the police after hearing shots fired, also claiming to see Kukucova driving away in Bush’s Hummer.
Kukucova later turned herself into a Slovakian police station.
Rachel has recently flown out to Spain with Bush’s daughter Ellie, 19, for the burial of the body.
She has vowed to continue with the campaign, which has already collected more than 1,980 signatures on Change.org.
Rachel, from Downend, told the Bristol Post: “I was told at 5pm on Wednesday that they planned to bury him on Friday. I pleaded with the judge to give us more time so we could go over, which is how it should be.
“I felt absolutely stunned and shocked and numb when they told me.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44