MALAGA golfer Miguel Angel Jimenez has become the first man over the age of 50 to win on the European Tour after victory at the Spanish Open.
The 50-year-old won a three-man play-off after finishing tied on four-under-par with Richard Green and Thomas Pieters.
“There’s no words to describe what it means to me,” said Jimenez. “You need to be into my skin but I’m not going to let you. It’s amazing.”
Jimenez now lies just outside the automatic qualification places for the Ryder Cup at Gleneagles in September.
If he qualifies or is selected by captain Paul McGinley, Jimenez will become Europe’s oldest-ever player.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44