PROTESTERS will gather in Fuengirola next weekend to raise their voices against the hunt for oil and gas on the coast.
Spanish oil company Repsol is due to start prospecting off the coast of Mijas in February 2015, but the plans – approved by the Spanish government in 2004 – have been met with outrage.
As part of the exploration, a semi-submersible platform will be located just eight kilometres off the beach by the Faro de Calaburras lighthouse in Mijas Costa, 12km southwest of Fuengirola.
To join the protest, meet on Saturday June 28 at 12pm, on Fuengirola’s paseo maritimo, next to the chiringuito Las Caracolas.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05