ON a flight from Morocco to Spain, a man began demonstrating signs of the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD).
Now hospitalised at La Fe in Valencia, the patient is having tests done to confirm if his symptoms are caused by EVD.
Spain’s Minister of Health Manuel Llombart has urged the public to stay calm as the proper protocols are being followed for the case.
According to The Spain Report, the man is from Guinea Conakry, the epicentre of West Africa’s current EVB outbreak.
Doctors Without Borders has described the pandemic as “unprecedented” while the World Health Organization has released statistics listing some 599 cases and 338 deaths.
- Nutella prices to soar as world hazelnut crop suffers adverse weather - 16 Aug, 2014 @ 15:00
- Venezuelan woman arrested in Madrid for smuggling cocaine in fake breasts - 15 Aug, 2014 @ 13:31
- Marbella’s Starlite festival welcomes back Julio Iglesias for the third year in a row - 14 Aug, 2014 @ 15:02
- PICTURE SPECIAL: Andalucia’s top five natural swimming pools - 12 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain’s Felipe VI and Prime Minister Rajoy discuss escalating Ebola concerns - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 15:41
- Socialist culture secretary hits out at new taxes - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 12:00
- Leading economist to head investing talk at Benalmadena cycle event - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain’s crippling unemployment may be on the up - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain urged to issue 50-year bond to help fill coffers - 10 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain’s top SEO companies - 10 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00