FELIPE VI and Queen Letizia got religious on a recent visit with the Pope at the Vatican.
After exchanging some officially blessed Bibles as gifts, the royal couple toured the Papal Apartments with Pope Francis as part of their first official international trip as king and queen.
They then held a private meeting with the pope, apparently to discuss the state of Catholicism within Spain.
Before their papal conversation, Felipe and Letizia were received by a Swiss Guard of honour and archbishop Georg Gänswein – current prefect of the Pontifical Household – at the Court of San Damaso.
- Nutella prices to soar as world hazelnut crop suffers adverse weather - 16 Aug, 2014 @ 15:00
- Venezuelan woman arrested in Madrid for smuggling cocaine in fake breasts - 15 Aug, 2014 @ 13:31
- Marbella’s Starlite festival welcomes back Julio Iglesias for the third year in a row - 14 Aug, 2014 @ 15:02
- PICTURE SPECIAL: Andalucia’s top five natural swimming pools - 12 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain’s Felipe VI and Prime Minister Rajoy discuss escalating Ebola concerns - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 15:41
- Socialist culture secretary hits out at new taxes - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 12:00
- Leading economist to head investing talk at Benalmadena cycle event - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain’s crippling unemployment may be on the up - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain urged to issue 50-year bond to help fill coffers - 10 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain’s top SEO companies - 10 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00