AN incredible 200 sports competitions are to be held in Alhaurin de la Torre next year.
The benchmark figure has been set after the town was chosen as 2015 European Sports Capital.
The European Capitals and Cities of Sports Federation (ACES) announced that the bustling town near Malaga will hold the honour.
Mayor Joaquín Villanova explained what a fantastic place Alhaurin de la Torre was for sports, not just due to its fantastic weather, but because the town is home to 38 sporting facilities, where over 60 different sports are practiced by nearly a third of the town.
- Nutella prices to soar as world hazelnut crop suffers adverse weather - 16 Aug, 2014 @ 15:00
- Venezuelan woman arrested in Madrid for smuggling cocaine in fake breasts - 15 Aug, 2014 @ 13:31
- Marbella’s Starlite festival welcomes back Julio Iglesias for the third year in a row - 14 Aug, 2014 @ 15:02
- PICTURE SPECIAL: Andalucia’s top five natural swimming pools - 12 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain’s Felipe VI and Prime Minister Rajoy discuss escalating Ebola concerns - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 15:41
- Socialist culture secretary hits out at new taxes - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 12:00
- Leading economist to head investing talk at Benalmadena cycle event - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain’s crippling unemployment may be on the up - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain urged to issue 50-year bond to help fill coffers - 10 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain’s top SEO companies - 10 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00