A GOLF tee in the shape of a naked woman has sparked a global debate over sexism and abuse of women.
The headless ‘nudie tee’ – produced by well-known golf brand Dunlop – is now the subject of a petition calling for them to be banned, attracting widespread media coverage in the USA and Britain.
Joanna Sharpen, from the UK Government’s ‘This is Abuse’ campaign, has led calls for the ‘awful products’ to be banned.
“I am so frustrated about these sorts of products as they help to produce a context and a society that normalises abuse of women,” she said.
A packet of six tees can be purchased from Ebay or Amazon for €2.50.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44