CHARLTON FC will take on Gibraltar’s best 11 footballers in a pre-season friendly in Mijas this Wednesday.
The match, at La Cala resort, was arranged at the last minute after Malaga’s under-23 side withdrew from the planned match.
The two sides played each other before last season too, with the South London club winning 2-0.
Bob Peeter’s team will then take on Portuguese Segunda Liga side Atletico Clube de Portugal on Saturday at the same venue.
Charlton, who play in the championship, will spend the rest of their Spanish trip training in Malaga, in preparation for the upcoming season.
Fans are welcome to attend both matches.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44