BRITISH TV host Cilla Black’s Costa del Sol villa has been damaged by fire.
The 71-year-old was in the UK when her Estepona home was engulfed in flames earlier this month.
“All the hedges have gone at the front of the house. A Good Samaritan – a neighbour opposite – saw the flames at three o’clock in the morning,” she told the Daily Mirror.
“I have management over there and a gardener, but I could’ve been in the house when it happened. It frightens me.”
The Blind Date star usually flies to her luxury holiday home every August, but is visiting early this year in order to oversee repair work.
Cilla has admitted she is nervous about staying in the villa on her own, since her husband Bobby died in 1999.
“I’ve got to go to Spain, it’s got to be done, to get over being frightened, the longer I leave it , the worse it’s going to be,” she said.
“What frightens me most is being on my own – I don’t stay there on my own.
“I usually don’t go there until August but I’m going early this time,” added Cilla – who also owns homes in London, Buckinghamshire and Barbados.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44