THE world’s most prestigious restaurant guide is set to launch its annual Spanish edition in Marbella this year.
It is the first time the annual Michelin red guide has been launched in a tourist resort, with the 2015 guide set to be unveiled on November 19.
Previously the annual trawl through the best of Spain’s restaurants and hotels has only been launched in Barcelona, Madrid and the Basque Country.
Europe’s most revered dining book will be presented in a ceremony involving the mayor of Marbella, Maria Angeles Muñoz, and celebrity chef Dani Garcia.
The event will take place at the Hotel Los Monteros, which was fittingly the first in Spain to win a Michelin star for its El Corzo restaurant in 1986.
Marbella has become a beacon of fine dining on the Costa del Sol in recent years, with no less than three Michelin starred restaurants.
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05