‘MR Marbella’ DJ Maurice Boland has laid down his microphone for the last time, to pursue a brand new career as an estate agent.
One of the best known characters on the Costa del Sol – after 28 years of radio and countless charity appearances – Boland told the Olive Press he’s ‘quite simply having a ball’.
Announcing the career leap on his blog, in a post called ‘Coming out’, MoBo confesses to his fans that he has been working with Bromley Estates Marbella for the last three months.
“I have had 12 extraordinary weeks, and not in a million years did I ever think that I would enjoy something so much,” he said.
“I’m meeting wonderful people and having such a laugh with them.”
And according to modest hints from the man himself, he is already seeing a significant success rate.
“The press, which had been negative at times about reporting Costa del Sol property sales, has now changed its tune, and is rightly reporting a large upsurge in the property market,” he said.
“We at Bromley have most certainly seen that.”
The former iTalk boss has even launched a Facebook page to advertise his ‘Property of the Day’ to his legions of online friends and followers.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44