AFTER sell-out performances from Julio Iglesias and Tom Jones, the month-long Starlite festival extravaganza is finally drawing to a close.
But it will be going out with a bang, not a whimper, as an Abba tribute band takes to the stage on Thursday evening to perform a catalogue of pop hits.
The festival’s final fling will see Spanish singer-songwriter Alejandro Sanz perform on August 22.
Of the big name performances – including the Pet Shop Boys, the Beach Boys and Ricky Martin – legendary singer Julio Iglesias was one of the highlights.
Madrid mayor Ana Botella was in attendance as Iglesias took his audience on an emotional rollercoaster, expressing his gratitude for their support and confessing he ‘sings to continue living’.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44