HEART-WARMING footage of Ashya King and his family at a Christmas get-together in southern Spain has been found.
Scroll down for the video…
The video – shared for the first time by the Olive Press – shows members of the King family retelling their favourite memories, which include a trip to Mexico swimming with turtles and a tale of a tramp interrupting father Brett’s game of Monopoly on a beach.
As the video, shot just months ago, draws to a moving close, Ashya looks at the camera and waves a poignant goodbye.
Filmed close to the family home in Casares, Malaga, Ashya is followed by another young boy who describes ‘Ashya’ as being his best memory.
The video compilation was put together by talented Spanish-based videographer Joseph Lathey. The King family friend told the Olive Press newspaper that Ashya ‘didn’t stop running around’ and was clearly ‘incredibly happy’.
Just months later, while also in Spain this July, he was diagnosed with a brain tumour and given just months to live.
Lathey added: “He was playing with all the other kids and hardly stood still all day.”
The fellow Jehovah Witness described the Kings as the ‘kindest most generous people imaginable’.
Ashya remains in a stable condition in Materno Infantil hospital in Malaga, with his mother Naghmeh at his bed-side.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36