THE people of Gibraltar have launched a petition demanding Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II makes an official to the Rock.
Volunteers have been petitioning out on the Piazza since Wednesday, and now have an estimated 3,000 signatures.
Mastermind of the petition, Trevor Bickerstaff, was joined by some of the Rock’s favourite characters, including Bill Cerisola and estate agent Solomon Levy.
“We want to invite the Queen to come down and have some tea and scones with us,” said Cerisola.
There is also an online petition for those who are unable to meet the team on the Piazza, which has been signed by 547 people.
Anthony Holmes commented: “It is time she came to Gibraltar.”
The Queen last visited Gibraltar 60 years ago – on May 10 and 11 1954 – although the UK foreign affairs committee raised the possibility of a visit last March.
To add your signature to the petition, the team will be petitioning on the Piazza again tomorrow, or alternatively sign it online at:
- Police uncover 36 Egyptian artefacts in Valencia - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 12:00
- Zara boss buys iconic building on Madrid’s Gran Via - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 11:00
- Huge sports complex to open in Sabinillas - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 08:00
- Expat searches for ‘perfect home’ for Costa del Sol turtle - 31 Jan, 2015 @ 11:00
- ‘Tolkien universe’ theme park to open in Rincon de la Victoria - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 17:24
- IMF raises Spain’s growth forecast saying it has entered a ‘virtous circle’ - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- Organic success in Marbella - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- European Central Bank to buy 10% of Spain’s public debt - 29 Jan, 2015 @ 18:09
- WikiLeaks threaten legal action after Google hand over journalist email data to US government - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 13:47
- Swans talent show stuns audience - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00