EX-BOND girl Honor Blackman has admitted that Spain is her favourite destination in the world.
The 89-year-old actress, best known for her role as Pussy Galore in Goldfinger, has a ‘small place’ here, as well as remembering the country fondly as a filming destination.
Honor made Shalako – a Western film set in New Mexico – in Almeria with Sean Connery and Brigitte Bardot in 1968.
“I do love sunshine. When I was married to my second husband, Maurice Kaufman, we used to cover ourselves in oil and turn over as if on a spit. Now I retire to the shade,” she said.
“My favourite type of holiday is a villa with a garden and a swimming pool with my two grown-up children and grandchildren.”
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05