ESTEPONA Golf Club’s annual Bobby Moore bowel cancer charity tournament saw the course in perfect condition and the post-match food as delicious as ever.
Estepona Golf Club is the perfect place for charity functions, with great prices and staff who always eager to deliver the best possible service.
Four-ball Texas Scramble was the order of the day and my cohorts Barry Wilkins, Mick Lavelle, Ivan Rance and I played an excellent game, with seven birdies and the rest pars.
I must admit I was mostly a passenger in the team… My excuse? I’m midway through changing my swing!
Treated with some derision from my partners at the time – and due to handicap restrictions – we came up just short of the winners.
However, we won a couple of ‘Nearest the Pins’ prizes and when the raffle was drawn we came into our own.
It was a brilliant day of golf, making almost €2,000 for the charity.
A very worthy effort!
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40
- 5 Ideas of Having Fun in Internet - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 09:23
- The Emergence And Growth of Bitcoin Casinos - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 20:02
- Messi start: Football ace’s restaurant finally gets green light after 12 month construction ban - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 18:41