ESTEPONA Golf Club’s annual Bobby Moore bowel cancer charity tournament saw the course in perfect condition and the post-match food as delicious as ever.
Estepona Golf Club is the perfect place for charity functions, with great prices and staff who always eager to deliver the best possible service.
Four-ball Texas Scramble was the order of the day and my cohorts Barry Wilkins, Mick Lavelle, Ivan Rance and I played an excellent game, with seven birdies and the rest pars.
I must admit I was mostly a passenger in the team… My excuse? I’m midway through changing my swing!
Treated with some derision from my partners at the time – and due to handicap restrictions – we came up just short of the winners.
However, we won a couple of ‘Nearest the Pins’ prizes and when the raffle was drawn we came into our own.
It was a brilliant day of golf, making almost €2,000 for the charity.
A very worthy effort!
- Stunning Sarmiento offers a lot more than the best view on the Costa del Sol - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 16:05
- Historic building awards from the Gibraltar Heritage Trust - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 11:16
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58