AN X Factor singer spent weeks in a Spanish jail after being arrested in Ibiza on suspicion of drug dealing, it has been revealed.
Orla Keogh, who was booted off the ITV talent show last week, remains under investigation after being detained on the party island just months before her audition.
She had been working as a rep when she was arrested at the Ocean Beach Club in San Antonio, co-owned by Wayne Lineker.
The Sun newspaper reported that officers confiscated 21 ecstasy pills, ten tablets of LSD and another unknown hallucinogenic substance.
There is a still a possibility she could be jailed for up to six years if convicted.
A court rep in Ibiza said: “This case is still at an investigative stage. If and when trial proceeding are initiated we may be in a position to release more information.”
Orla made it to the round of the final 12, but was then rejected from the judge’s houses phase. However, as she was so popular with fans, many believe she will be brought back as a wildcard contestant in the live shows.
An ITV spokesman said: “We were not aware of her arrest. At no point has she informed the production team.
“The X Factor has a system to complete criminal and welfare checks for every contestant from the Bootcamp stage onwards.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44