PENELOPE Cruz has been named the Sexiest Woman Alive by Esquire magazine.
The Madrid-born actress has become the 11th woman to be awarded the coveted title, taking over from last year’s two-time winner Scarlett Johansson.
Posing on the cover in just a plunging black bathing suit, the 40-year-old leaves no questions as to why she takes the title.
Cruz has two children with Spanish husband Javier Bardem, 44.
The pair married in July 2010 – after starring together in Woody Allen’s 2008 film Vicki Cristina Barcelona, along with Scarlett Johansson – but they first met on the set of Jamon Jamon when she was 17.
Cruz will next appear in Spanish-language film Ma Ma and, bizarrely, in a film called Grimsby alongside comic Sacha Baron Cohen.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44