A NEW political party set up to rid Spain of corruption has overtaken the PSOE in an opinion poll.
In a ground-breaking disruption of Spain’s two-party PP and PSOE dominance, Podemos is now the second most popular choice among voters, according to a national Telecinco opinion poll.
The party – led by charismatic professor Pablo Iglesias – would now take 24.1% of the vote, compared to the 23.7% garnered by the PSOE.
Despite being only nine months old, Podemos is also now catching up with Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy’s ruling PP party, which got 28.3% of the vote.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44