A SHORT film competition themed on domestic violence will be held in Rincon de la Victoria this November.
The theme holds special significance for the Axarquia, which in August saw the killing of the director of Nerja museum, with her partner as the suspect.
The entries will be judged at the town’s Yelmo cinema on November 26, one day after the UN’s International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women.
The first prize of the competition is a 150 hour training course in the cinematic arts, valued at €1,400.
The town’s Mayor, Francisco Salado, said the competition will help speak out against domestic violence, as well as promote cinematic talent in the region.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05