A WOMAN has been found beheaded inside a house in Fuengirola, on the paseo maritimo.
The 22-year-old victim is believed to be Ecuadorian. Her body has now been removed from the scene by police for forensic examination.
A 19-year-old man, also Ecuadorian and thought to be the victim’s brother, has been arrested in connection with the incident.
Police were called to the first floor apartment on the paseo maritimo at 9.15 this morning, following an alert from neighbours.
The crime scene was earlier cordoned off and the victim’s body has yet to be identified.
Silvia Dominguez, 37, a neighbouring shopkeeper, told the Olive Press: “There was loads of noise, and three police cars and motorbikes blocked the paseo. The policemen were all keeping us back. Then an ambulance turned up and took the body away.
“Then the police took the man out of the back exit, as the street outside the apartment was full of people.”
If you have any information about the incident please contact [email protected]
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36