SWEDISH golfers could soon be flocking to compete on the Costa del Sol.
The Andalucian Minister of Tourism Rafael Rodriguez approached the Swedish branch of the PGA about hosting a Swedish tournament the region, renowned for it’s world-class golfing infrastructure.
Rodriguez met with the executive director of the PGA in Sweden, Mikael Sorling, to discuss the possibility of moving national tournaments from the Nordic country to sunny Andalucia.
Sweden has the third largest golfing market in Europe after the United Kingdom and Germany with more than 400,000 players.
The pair also talked about a father and son tournament to promote youth development in golf.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36