SERGIO Garcia has roped in an unlikely caddie for his Thailand Open defence next month.
Former world number one tennis star Juan Carlos Ferrero is set to carry super Sergio’s clubs around the Amata Spring club for Asia’s most prestigious golfing tournament.
With Ferrero stepping in, Garcia’s usual caddie and girlfriend Katharina Boehm has had to take a back seat.
Garcia said: “Katharina is happy to step aside and support me from the side lines. It always helps to have a friend on your bag.
“It is good fun to be able to enjoy golf and have a good time with a good close friend.”
The world number six is hoping to defend his title against the likes of U.S. Masters champion Bubba Watson, U.S. Open champion Martin Kaymer and former world number one Lee Westwood.
Play gets under way on December 11 with the final days play scheduled for December 14.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36