SANTA Claus is arriving in Gibraltar to kick start the festive season.
Celebrations at Ocean Village will take off on December 3 and 4 – today and tomorrow – with Father Chrismas arriving from 6.30pm today.
Carols from the Governor’s Meadow Choir will set the scene for the grand switching on of the Christmas lights.
And there will be special guest appearances from Minnie and Mickey Mouse, as well as Santa’s elf.
After the lights, there will be a bouncy castle and face painting among other activities, and then Santa will meet with children in his grotto from 7pm onwards.
The celebrations will wind down around 9pm today, but Santa will be back in his grotto again from 6pm onwards tomorrow.
Entry to the grotto is £3 – all proceeds going to Childline – and mulled wine and hot chocolate will also be available.
An Artisan Christmas Market will be on the Promenade tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.oceanvillage.gi
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05