SPAIN’S top golf course, PGA Catalunya, is bidding to host the 2022 Ryder Cup.
The Girona resort was recently awarded the title of European Golf Resort of the Year 2015.
The Real Federacion Espanola de Golf is working with stakeholders to develop a convincing bid for the bi-annual cup, fought between Europe and Spain.
Six other European countries are bidding for the world-famous tournament but Spain is the only nation among them to have hosted the Ryder Cup before, at Andalucia’s Valderrama course in San Roque in 1997.
President Gonzaga Escauriaza said: “Few countries in the world have contributed as much to the development and promotion of European golf as Spain has over the last 30 years.
“Bringing The Ryder Cup to Spain is a central part of our strategy and will continue our proud PGA European Tour heritage.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44