AMERICAN trainer brand Skechers has announced Cadiz golfer Belen Mozo as its first ever female brand ambassador.
It is a landmark moment for women’s golf, which has seen a huge rise in popularity during recent years.
A study in the UK found that only 14% of the 1.2 million golf club members were female, a statistic which many organisations are attempting to even up.
Elsewhere, a landmark vote in Scotland last year means women are now allowed to join the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews for the first time.
Mozo, 26, will feature in upcoming global marketing campaigns for the Skechers’ Go Golf line.
She will also have a direct influence on the design of a new trainer – the Go Golf Blade – to be released this year.
“I’m so excited to join the Skechers Performance family,” said Mozo. “They put the same energy and passion into designing a great shoe as I do toward elevating my game.”
The Spaniard, who began golfing aged eight, led her national team to victory at the inaugural LPGA International Crown in 2014.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44