THE Costa del Sol’s beloved pets are in line for a treat this weekend… and Mijas’ single ladies could also be in for a welcomed surprise.
Today marks Saint Anton’s Day, the patron saint of animals, and several churches along the Costa are inviting members to bring along their furry friends.
And while the parish priest takes care of blessing the pets, single women looking for love can up their chances by throwing a small stone at the saint outside the chapel in the Osunillas area of Mijas.
“To make the wish come true, the stone has to hit the saint in the crotch,” explains one local.
The tradition can be upheld at any time during the day but each woman only gets three chances to hit the target.
A day of celebrating is also planed in Estepona, where cake samples will be on offer from 11 am in the Plaza Antonia Guerrero.
If you hit the crotch get in touch with your tale at [email protected]
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36