DIESEL cars could soon be outlawed in Madrid, if the PSOE mayoral candidate gets his way.
Antonio Miguel Carmona has promised that, if elected in May, he will ‘eliminate’ diesel vehicles in the country’s capital by 2020.
Carmona claims that the current measures put in place by mayor Ana Botella (PP) are ‘insufficient’ and that ‘more should be done’.
“I want our capital to be environmentally in line with other forward-thinking countries,” said Carmona.
Botella is not against a ban on diesel cars but said it is ‘unrealistic’ to rid the city of diesel cars entirely in the next five years.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36