A RIOT police leader was caught seeing double with three times the permitted alcohol level and travelling against traffic in Pamplona, Navarra.
The inebriated high-ranking National Police commander in charge for the Police Intervention Unit of the Basque Country and Navarra was arrested and removed from office.
The 56-year-old is to be disciplined in accordance with the police’s disciplinary system following his reckless driving regardless of the upcoming judge’s ruling on the case.
Provincial police made the arrest on the A-15 in West Pamplona going from the town of Berriozar not long past midnight.
- Police uncover 36 Egyptian artefacts in Valencia - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 12:00
- Zara boss buys iconic building on Madrid’s Gran Via - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 11:00
- Huge sports complex to open in Sabinillas - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 08:00
- Expat searches for ‘perfect home’ for Costa del Sol turtle - 31 Jan, 2015 @ 11:00
- ‘Tolkien universe’ theme park to open in Rincon de la Victoria - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 17:24
- IMF raises Spain’s growth forecast saying it has entered a ‘virtous circle’ - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- Organic success in Marbella - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- European Central Bank to buy 10% of Spain’s public debt - 29 Jan, 2015 @ 18:09
- WikiLeaks threaten legal action after Google hand over journalist email data to US government - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 13:47
- Swans talent show stuns audience - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00