PODEMOS has vowed to improve border relations with Gibraltar should they be elected in this year’s general or regional elections.
A spokesman for the La Linea branch of the anti-corruption party said that establishing ‘good neighbourly relations with Gibraltar’ is of ‘great importance’ both regionally and nationally.
The party have previously stressed that relations with Gibraltar should not fall victim of ‘political opportunism’ and should remain ‘outside the political sphere’.
“The La Linea branch of Podemos will champion good cross-border relations based on mutual trust,” a spokesperson said.
“We believe it is imperative that both the Spanish Government and the Gibraltar Government comply with the recommendations made by the experts from the European Commission and adopt the necessary measures to ensure traffic is as fluid as possible.”
Podemos La Linea will stand for the first time in the municipal elections in May.
Meanwhile at this weekend’s March for Change in Madrid, Podemos leader Pablo Iglesias pinpointed the Andalucian regional elections as the start of his party’s 2015 election campaign.
He told up to 300,000 followers that change would start in Andalucia on March 22.
In a passionate speech he slammed corruption, which has left the country’s richest 1% with the same wealth as the bottom 73%.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36