SPANISH Formula One driver Fernando Alonso has left hospital following a serious crash during pre-season testing at the weekend.
But the two-time world champion will miss the third and final testing session, which is due to start on Thursday in Barcelona.
The McLaren driver has returned to his family home for rest.
Teammate Kevin Magnussen will now share testing with Jenson Button, at the Circuit de Catalunya.
Magnussen tweeted: “Nice to see Fernando leaving the hospital. Now I’ll go and do my best to help prepare the car for Melbourne in the tests this week.”
Alonso suffered concussion when he crashed into a wall on Turn Three of the track, and was airlifted to hospital.
The F1 season gets underway in Australia on March 15.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05