THE Gibraltar FA have sacked their head coach Allen Bula with immediate effect.
After five years at the helm of the national team, Bula has been dismissed after a Gibraltar FA investigation into ‘internal matters’.
A Gibraltar FA statement said the hunt for the next manager will begin ‘immediately’ with just four weeks to go before the Red and Whites’ European qualifier against Scotland.
“After a thorough and internal investigation, into internal matters, the Gibraltar FA has come to a decision that an immediate change was appropriate,” read the statement.
“It is not a decision that has been reached lightly or hastily.
“The Gibraltar FA is committed to safeguarding football on the Rock and ensuring the National Team remains the pinnacle of Gibraltarian football.”
Gibraltar have so far failed to pick up a point in their first ever involvement in European qualification.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36