LUXURY is synonymous with the exclusive Costa enclave of Sotogrande, a favourite summer residence for international royalty and the posh ‘polo set’. But this Egyptian-themed pleasure palace is the ‘mummy’ of them all.
The outrageously extravagant Villa Flamingo packs enough gold and precious materials to rival the tomb of King Tut.
Described by sellers as ‘wrapped in Hollywood glamour’, the €12,999,999 price tag includes six en suite bedrooms, a 3D cinema, a 50-seater theatre finished in plush red velvet and an entire entertainments floor dedicated to card games and pool.
And all 2,000 square metres of it are lavishly decorated with columns, marble flooring, statues, painted walls and ceilings, gold-plated toilets, exotic plants and the overwhelming presence of Cleopatra, who was the Queen of Bling herself.
The owner of the property, being sold by Pansuq Real Estate, confessed that his love of Hollywood is behind the eye-catching design.
“My passion for movies and theatre, intertwined with my love for all things historical, inspired me to create an atmosphere that would blend in Hollywood and Broadway with ancient times, always with a luxurious finish throughout,” he said.
“Generally the opinions of the house vary. However, this property enhances the value and general presence of the road on which it sits.”
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05