UP to 10 superyachts could be on their way to Ocean Village if expansion plans are given the green light.
The 15 million pounds Marina Bay project will see a new tree-lined promenade erected between the Sunborn hotel and the airport runway.
The works will also feature 126 short-stay rental apartments, built on stilts to avoid disturbing marine life.
Ocean Village predicts the expansion could bring in an extra 75 million pounds to local businesses when at just 60% capacity.
If the plans are approved by Gibraltar’s planning committee, building could start as soon as 2016 and would take around 14 months to complete.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44