A BRITISH tourist has drowned in a pool in a luxury Marbella villa, just hours after arriving in the country.
Brian Nicol, 32, drowned after diving into a swimming pool at a luxury holiday villa in Nueva Andalucia.
Nicol, from Glasgow, was dragged out of the pool by friends who were also staying at the villa after he dived in.
Police and paramedics arrived shortly after the incident took place but were unable to revive him.
Officers said early evidence suggests his death was a tragic accident and they are trying to establish whether he suffered a blow to the head or a digestion problems which prevented him from resurfacing.
The accident took place in the early hours of Sunday morning after the group had been on a night out in Marbella.
A police spokesman said: “The incident is still being investigated but all the evidence at this stage is pointing towards the death being the result of a tragic accident.”
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36