A WHOLE host of celebrities have been won over by the charms of the Mijas area over recent years.
From Stan Boardman to Gerry Marsden and Freddie Starr to Rick Parfitt, they’ve been visiting the tourist hotspot for years.
One of its biggest celebs to own a property in the town today is TV luvvie Lorraine Kelly, who has a Spanish villa which she insists is ‘nothing posh, just a wee bolthole in the sun.’
Irish singer Val Doonican meanwhile, has an apartment in Mijas Pueblo, while celebrity chef Antony Worrall Thompson’s secluded villa is tucked away in Las Lomas de Mijas.
Other fans include David Beckham and his wife Victoria, whose parents have long had a house in Riviera.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25