SPAIN’S number one house-sitting network, HouseSitMatch, has celebrated its two-year anniversary.
The online network lets people travel worry-free, assured their home and pets are in safe hands.
Boasting more than 1,000 sitters and owners in 20 countries as far afield as Costa Rica, the network is on the up.
Former marketing exec Lamia Walker launched HouseSitMatch from her garage in Buckinghamshire, but now employs five staff – two of whom are house-sitting their way around the world.
Walker met with representatives of similar companies such as AirBnB and Blablacar at the Financial Times inaugural summit on the Sharing Economy, where they discussed collaboration for mutual benefit.
For more information visit www.housesitmatch.com
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44