THE Axarquia has launched a project to improve five run-down water treatment facilities.
Work has already begun at sewage plants in Algorrobo and Rincon de la Victoria, with renovations set to begin soon on plants in Velez Malaga, Torrox and Benamocarra.
The total cost of the project, run by Axaragua, is predicted to reach over €1 million.
A company spokesman stated that every day during summer, enough water to fill 11 Olympic pools is cleaned and returned to the sea.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44