IF a newspaper publishes a libel, it is the editor who takes the blame and works to make amends.
Even sometimes facing prison.
If a restaurant serves up raw chicken, it is the manager who stands up and apologises.
Or gets closed down.
But when the Junta is embroiled in the biggest public money scandal Spain has ever seen, the former president of 19 years can simply brush it off claiming ignorance.
And stay in a job.
Just like his famous comedy name-sake from Fawlty Towers, Manuel Chaves insisted this week: ‘I know nothing’.
Well we know something… In any truly responsible society, any boss of any company, party, or region which stole up to a billion euros would be…
Yes, out of a job.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44