GIBRALTAR’S Chief Minister, Fabian Picardo, has sent a message of congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the very same day that his own second son was born.
“On behalf of the people of Gibraltar I sent them our very best wishes on the birth of their daughter,’ said the Chief Minister.
“Everyone on the Rock is thrilled to hear their wonderful news and of course we hope that they will all be able to visit us in the not-too-distant future.”
The Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to a girl at 8.34am this morning at the Lindo Wing of St Mary’s Hospital in London. The Duke of Cambridge was present for the birth of the couple’s second child, who weighed in at 8lb 3oz. Both mother and baby are “doing well”, the palace said.
Meanwhile Oliver Louis Picardo was born at 13.28 today weighing in at 7lb 14oz. Both Justine Picardo and Oliver are doing well.
The Union Flag will be flown on all Gibraltar’s public buildings on Monday.
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33