THE mother of missing Amy Fitzpatrick has married the man charged with her son’s murder in a bittersweet ceremony.
Audrey Fitzpatrick, 46, got hitched to long-term lover Dave Mahon, 43, before he is due to stand trial for the murder of her son Dean this year.
In March 2014 Mahon was charged with the murder of 23-year-old Dean, after he died from a stab wound sustained during an altercation with Mahon in Dublin, 2013.
However, his now-wife Audrey stood by him, claiming she ‘will be proud to be his wife’.
And now the pair, who were engaged for eight years, have revealed their wedding on the front page of today’s Irish Star.
They were surrounded by 30 close friends and family for the 15-minute ceremony at Kettles Country House Hotel in Dublin.
Mahon reportedly wore cufflinks with pictures of Dean and Amy on them.
Amy has not been seen since January 1 2008 when she was 15 years old and disappeared from Riviera del Sol, near Calahonda.
Speaking after the ceremony, Mahon told The Irish Star: “They are part of us.
“We are thinking of them both today, as we always do. And we wish both of them were here today.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44