SPAIN’S most iconic film director, Pedro Almodovar, is back in the hot seat.
Now shooting his 20th film, Silencio, the Oscar-winning movie-maker was snapped on set behind the clapperboard by his younger producer brother, Agustin.
Silencio spans 30 years, beginning in 1985 when Spain was still in its honeymoon period following the end of Franco’s dictatorship, and sending with the economic strife of the 21st century.
Filming will largely take place in Madrid, but scenes will also be shot in Galicia, Huelva and the Pyrenees.
Spanish actress Rossy de Palma – who has featured in many of Almodovar’s classics, including La ley del deseo (Law of Desire) and Kika – is among the cast.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36