THE world’s most expensive footballer has chosen the Costa del Sol to recover from a tiring season for Real Madrid.
Welshman Gareth Bale has been spending some down-time with friends in and around Marbella.
His pal Everton defender Phil Jagielka joined him for a round of golf at Finca Cortesin in Casares, rated the second best course in Spain.
Jagielka, 33, posted a photo of the pair on Instagram with the caption: “Great day on the course. Managed to seal the win on the last #fincacortesin.”
Bale, who cost Real Madrid 100 million euros two years ago, is rumoured to be partying in Sisu Boutique Hotel over the weekend.
He has been a controversial figure this season, drawing criticism from Madrid’s fans despite scoring 13 times in the league.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44