FOOTBALL hero Cristiano Ronaldo’s mother was caught flouting the law carrying €55,000 in her hand luggage as she tried to leave Spain.
State laws on money laundering dictate that €10,000 is the maximum that can be taken out of Spain undeclared.
Dolores Aveiro, 60, had not filled in the declaration forms for her cargo and was held by civil guards while the money was confiscated in Barajas airport last month.
She then flew to Portugal carrying €10,000.
In order to reclaim the remaining €45,000 of her loot, Aveiro will have to pay a fine of at least €600.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25