WHAT happens when you cross a psychologist with an occupational therapist?
The most ingenious, forward-thinking childhood centre in the Bay of Gibraltar.
Set up by Madrileños Mamen Martin, 32, and Jose Martin, 30, the pair have created the dedicated Centro Impulso, in San Roque, geared towards children and teenagers.
Heavy on personal attention, the team of four trained specialists deal with developmental issues, as well as speech impediments.
Filling a vital gap in the market, the three-year-old centre deals with many issues, including thumb-sucking, attention deficit disorder and social interaction problems.
It also offers more regular nursery services for children up to three years old.
“But this is not like a normal nursery,” explains Mamen, who attained a Masters degree in clinical psychology, before moving to San Roque for a quieter life.
“We offer a whole range of intensive activities with the kids to help their development. It is very much a personalised, small group service and we have seen amazing results.”
The pair saw a gap in the market four years ago, having met, after both making the move from the capital to the Gibraltar area.
In particular, they only take up to a dozen children at a time and are open all year round, even in August, unlike most nurseries.
The centre is currently making great strides with its ‘stimulation workshops’, popular for tots aged one to three.
Mother of twins Mirian Moreno, 31, also from Madrid, said: “I have been bringing my children here for three years and seen them take giant strides.
“They were born a few months premature and so this sort of specialised education has been a godsend for me.”
In the afternoons, the centre doubles up as a drop in clinic for adults with psychological problems.
The team of therapists also deals with depression and anxiety issues.
To contact the clinic about spaces in September call 956 694 234 or visit www.centroimpulso.com
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- 10 Incredible Ways Technology Will Change Education By 2028 - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 14:30
- Airlines in Europe could soon be forced to fork out €1,400 for every piece of lost luggage - 7 Apr, 2019 @ 10:31
- Spain has one of smallest number of food-related deaths in world - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00
- British tourists’ spending up in first quarter of 2019 with Andalucia the main destination for UK holidaymakers - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 09:25