WHAT happens when you cross a psychologist with an occupational therapist?
The most ingenious, forward-thinking childhood centre in the Bay of Gibraltar.
Set up by Madrileños Mamen Martin, 32, and Jose Martin, 30, the pair have created the dedicated Centro Impulso, in San Roque, geared towards children and teenagers.
Heavy on personal attention, the team of four trained specialists deal with developmental issues, as well as speech impediments.
Filling a vital gap in the market, the three-year-old centre deals with many issues, including thumb-sucking, attention deficit disorder and social interaction problems.
It also offers more regular nursery services for children up to three years old.
“But this is not like a normal nursery,” explains Mamen, who attained a Masters degree in clinical psychology, before moving to San Roque for a quieter life.
“We offer a whole range of intensive activities with the kids to help their development. It is very much a personalised, small group service and we have seen amazing results.”
The pair saw a gap in the market four years ago, having met, after both making the move from the capital to the Gibraltar area.
In particular, they only take up to a dozen children at a time and are open all year round, even in August, unlike most nurseries.
The centre is currently making great strides with its ‘stimulation workshops’, popular for tots aged one to three.
Mother of twins Mirian Moreno, 31, also from Madrid, said: “I have been bringing my children here for three years and seen them take giant strides.
“They were born a few months premature and so this sort of specialised education has been a godsend for me.”
In the afternoons, the centre doubles up as a drop in clinic for adults with psychological problems.
The team of therapists also deals with depression and anxiety issues.
To contact the clinic about spaces in September call 956 694 234 or visit www.centroimpulso.com
- British RAF pilot brings new – and MUCH cheaper – property listing concept to Spain - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 17:21
- Spain’s Supreme Court bans historic bull hunting and spearing tradition in Castilla y Leon - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 11:00
- Malaga’s ‘Banksy’ attracts world attention replicating masterpieces on the streets of Spain and Europe - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 10:00
- M1 Legal is stacking up the victories against Spain’s Timeshare giants - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 11:13
- How to Improve Academic Writing Skills for UK University Admission - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 09:37
- Giant electricity pylons rampaging across the valley vista in Sierra Nevada - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 18:57
- Living with Gaudi – Turkish art dealer builds home inside iconic tourist attraction - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 18:38
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05