IT may be located just outside the municipal boundary of Fuengirola, but anyone who’s anyone in this town knows how to find the ladies at Yorkshire Linen.
Steph Smith and Julie Law opened the doors of the shop seven years ago and it has gone from strength to strength, recently opening a second store, Beds and More, two doors down.
Yorkshire Linen provides everything from furniture to cookware and electrical items from the UK’s biggest brands. While the bedding range is the biggest that you will find on the coast with everything from the cheap and cheerful to exceptional quality Egyptian cotton sheets and duvet covers.
Beds and More boasts over 20 different mattress types, from soft through to firm and with pocket sprung, memory foam and memory foam gel available in all sizes (even the really unusual ones!) and various bases.
“We have known each other for ages and are like a family here,” explains Steph, from Wolverhampton, who has lived in Fuengirola for 17 years.
“We are also friends with our customers and always stop for a chat when they come into the store.”
She is also upbeat about the number of good furniture and bedding stores that have opened up around the nearby area, which include Discount Warehouse next door, providing enough competition to keep them always on their toes.
“We are competing on prices and offers, which has turned this area into a real commercial hub, it is so busy these days,” adds Steph.
Visit www.yorkshirelinen.es and www.bedsandmore.es
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44