NOT only is Spain the biggest exporter of wine in the world but Spanish wines are officially the cheapest.
Spain exported over 2,280 million litres of vino in 2014, which was 800 million more than France, mostly due to early maturing vineyards in 2013.
As a result, the price of wine fell 20% – the lowest globally.
The Spanish vinery sector is hoping to increase the global image of Spanish wines to make up for the drop in prices.
- Spain’s wealthy class on the rise - 30 Jun, 2015 @ 08:45
- Nerja’s new mayor Rosa Arrabal names her government - 29 Jun, 2015 @ 18:00
- Spain the biggest exporter of wine in the world - 29 Jun, 2015 @ 09:00
- The nifty nispero - 28 Jun, 2015 @ 17:00
- Marbella hospital leads the way with water births - 28 Jun, 2015 @ 13:00
- Spain’s seven wonders of the dining world - 27 Jun, 2015 @ 12:00
- Left to take a selfie in the lift - 26 Jun, 2015 @ 17:37
- Wanda group eyes Madrid investment - 26 Jun, 2015 @ 17:30
- Spain set for soaring heatwave with Malaga seeing temperatures reach 36ºC - 26 Jun, 2015 @ 12:19
- Two Spaniards gored to death by bulls - 25 Jun, 2015 @ 17:55