MANCHESTER United and Spain’s latest boy-wonder Ander Herrera paid a sentimental flying visit to his old alma mater to surprise teachers and students.
After an indifferent start to life in the Premier League, the Spanish soccer star returned to familiar territory as he visited his former primary school in northern Spain.
The 25-year-old midfielder posted pictures of himself with the class of 2015 on Instagram.
“It was a pleasure to come back to my school and to be able to share time with students and my ex-teachers, great memories,” he said.
Herrera is not the first Spanish international to return to the classroom this year. In March, Real Madrid star Isco returned to his former school in Arroyo de la Miel to surprise the latest recruits.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36